Ford 'recyclable' car is an American TRABANT

The Trabant. A piece of crap made in the former East Germany.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trabant
This is the type of car that Ford will announce
tomorrow that it is building to save the company.
Problem is, no American with half-a-brain will buy it.
The Ford Trabant - comming soon to a dealer near you!
No thanks Mr. Ford, I take that Camry across the street. Adleast I know it will run to 200,000 miles before it needs a major repair.
(FLUSH....)
Very clever young fellow!

Bialystock & Bloom wrote:

Fortunately though, it's hard to find a person with only half a brain. And as Dan Quale said, "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful."
People are free to decide to buy a Ford with whatever percentage of brain they have. Or they could buy a Geely in 2008 with a 1.5L engine for $10,000, roughly half a car for half the money. Perhaps folks with half a brain should buy a Geely.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10779158 /
Makes sense if those same persons want a reverse-engineered GEO Metro. The Geely is what happens when am American auto company tries to create an auto market in another country where the roads are poor. Instead that other country sells our own technology back to us for half the price. I think cheap labor would be the reason for such a low price.
At least it has real metal on the skin and not just resin sculpted wool, and a four-cycle engine to boot! But careful people, it's not just a DVD player!

Interesting nom de plume for such an opinion.....
Gather your foresight will likely result in same outcome.
For those of you with less widespread interests; google "The Producers"
Perhaps you'd care to explain how you came to make that connection.. between the POS Trabant (which was a POS primarily because there were no market force competitors, and the workers didnt care whether it was a POS or not) and the Ford proposal. - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - -- - - The Trabant corollary WOULD be a good one if put into a certain context...
Like if the Federal Government nationaized Ford and put the UAW in charge.
you pay..DEAL with it!

I can see the UAW-Ford slogan now...
Quality is GOOD ENOUGH!
you pay..DEAL with it!