Ford remote start problem

2002 Taurus with dealer installed remote start will not crank with remote, cranks fine with key.(and runs) The remote does not give any beep arror codes. 2 weeks ago it worked fine - then one day it just
clicked a few times and didn't start. Now it doesn't even click. Lights and everything else respond as expected I'm suspecting a bed relay, fuse, or connection in the remote starter feed. Anyone experience this and have any other ideas - I'll be digging in sometime Monday afternoon.