Ford reveals sedan based on the Mustang

out on his ass. Have you lost your collective minds, FORD? The World needs another wastful, dangerous gas guzzler, my ass.
Every loser project like this takes away from R & D on what kinds of vehicles the public really need and is willing to buy.
To say it is a 'Mustang' chassis in misleading, you could also call it a Lincoln LS chassis. Several vehicles have been designed by Ford engineers from a basic chassis, none of which are similar overall. The Current RWD Mustang chassis is a derivative of the same basic chassis on which the Jaguar S, the Lincoln LS and the T-Bird were derived. That chassis, like any other chassis it can be stretched, shortened, widened or whatever, on which to build totally different vehicles. The 2008 AWD full-size Lincoln MKS with a 4.4L V6 that get 30 mpg, for example, is a derivative of a chassis from which several Ford and Volvo, distinctly differ models were derived, as well. By using a basic chassis a manufacturer can save billions in R&D, assembly plant modifications, certifying and meeting government standards then if they developed a 'new' chassis..
mike

Mike gets it right, when he says

But it wasnt 'George -I misinterpret everything- Orwell' that said that.. it's in the Ford PR.
That said, you explained, yourself why Ford can say it's from the Mustang platform meaning it's from the same platform sub-group as the 'stang. Which means dimensionally similar with many shared components, compared to , say, the Jag.
you pay..DEAL with it!

So... what do you think of the car, itself?

IF the public REALLY needs and is willing to buy any certain vehicle... they will find a way.
Interesting you call yourself "George Orwell"....
I dont think you have a clue what he was writing about in his books..
He was writing about WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IDIOTS LIKE YOU ARE IN CONTROL!!!!!!
you pay..DEAL with it!

These are called "concept cars." The idea is to see how the public likes them. So if they do have the cars in Detroit, we'll see.
Jeff
snipped-for-privacy@mixmaster.it says...

Just because it's built on the Mustang PLATFORM doesn't mean it has to BE a Mustang.
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

After looking at a picture like that, they should take the pony off the front
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

Probably trying to compete with Dodge magnums, 300s, and whatever that sedan is... (300 sedan?)
I'd drive a bad ass sedan, but would I like the price tag that comes with it?

This is a concept vehicle. It is made to judge the consumer response at major auto shows, like the ones in LA, Detroit and NYC.
So a price tag is not relevant.
Jeff