Ford's New Nanjing Plant To Start Large-Scale Production Soon (Asia Pulse via Yahoo!7 News)

10/15/2007: The second auto plant of Ford in Nanjing, capital city of east China's Jiangsu province, is expected to start large-scale production on October 30 this year.
Reply to
admin

In article , snipped-for-privacy@ng2000.com says... | |

| |10/15/2007: The second auto plant of Ford in Nanjing,

What are they building ? Lincoln Town Cars for the masses over there ?

Reply to
Steven Stone

Probably start by building junk engines and transmissions for Rangers and Mustangs before they build whole junk cars.

If the cheap motorcycles they have been sending to the US for the last couple years are an indication, I will be sure not to buy anything with an engine or trans built there.

That crap makes KIA look good.

The small Chev SUV, Iu forget the name, has a chinese made engine. I don't need one.

Reply to
Scott

Before making idiots of yourselves (assuming, for the moment, that that hasn't happened), you should get the facts strait about the Nanjing plant.

The plant is to make cars for the Chinese market, not the US market (which is not to say that the Ford can't important some of the vehicles or parts).

You can learn more about the plants here by searching google and yahoo.

jeff

Reply to
Jeff