Ford slipped to 4th place in sales last month

Page 4 of 4

I had one truly miserable one; a 1984 Dodge 600ES (same as LeBaron) with the Mitsubishi power train. If I hadn't done all except the warranty repairs myself it would easily have cost as much to repair in the 6 years or so we had it than we paid for it originally. Stupid things, like the intermittent lighting (interior and brake lights) short that turned out to be a wire banging around inside the front passenger door and shorting to a sharp edge. Design things, like the Infamous Mikuni Carburetor or the A/C compressor bracket with the bolt that can't be seen, only felt. I unloaded it when the timing chain needed changing because it was chewing on the cover, but the first step was "remove engine from car to access cover" and the last step was "reinstall engine, using special jig to prevent destruction of torque converter."
Mike
You are referring to a vehicle, built 23 years ago. There will always be individual vehicles that will have a problem. The rate of those the do have problems today is just a bit over 1%. Considering around 17,000,000 new vehicles are sold annually in the US that is one hellava lot of good new vehicles on the road every year . The vehicles on the market today are technologically far super in every way to vehicles built even just five years ago. Given the proper preventive maintenance, even econboxes are easily running 200K or more today, trouble free and it makes no difference whose brand is on the grill. ;)
mike

That is true, but the fact remains millons of more buyer prefer those vehicles sold by GM, than prefer those sold by Toyota whether you like it or not.
mike

Because, to them, the Toyota Camry has more value than a cheaper GM or Ford.
Jeff
That says a lot about who are the smarter buyers, since they buy more from GM than Toyota, whether you like it or not ;)
mike

Proving that most people are sheep, as they are with USA Federal elections and Win PC purchases.
People that prefer to spend more money than needed, to obtain a good reliable vehicle, my not be the smartest buyers but I don't believe I would call Toyota buyers sheep. Why they go into other brand NG to try to convince themselves that they made a wise choice, does make them brain surgeons however. ;)
mike