Ford Still Making Taurus?

When I rented a car from Hertz today in the DC area, I ended up with a Taurus sedan with only a little over 1K miles on it. I thought Ford was not making the Taurus in the 2006 model year. Are they still making them for Hertz's rental fleets?

Chris Bowne Stonington, CT

Reply to
Chris Bowne

Well one thing for sure, Ford is not selling the Five Hundred through fleet sales, or to rental car companies. Don't ask me what they think that is doing for their bottom line...

Reply to
351CJ

Mainly fleets only, SE/SEL sedans only, 3.0 Vulcan only, no wagons, no Duratecs. Production in scheduled to end 8/31/06.

It's really a shame, even in 2005 it was still their top selling passenger car.

The Fusion will be the NASCAR Ford for now.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Too bad they are ending the line....I had an 86 wagon that I bought used and replaced with a 97 wagon. Liked both very much, but the 97 's Vulcan engine crapped out despite careful maintenance due to an internal coolant leak, and that has soured me on Ford since that happened.

Reply to
Chris Bowne

You HAVE to be kidding!

Despite everything that you read on here about the Vulcan... YOU let a statistical variance sour you on the entire product line.

Bet you're one helluva sports fan!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

With taurus and Windstar 3.8 and 3.0 Vulcans it's not IF they are going to fail, but when. Tranny problems were also common.Bodies were not the best at resisting road salt either. Not too many will be mourning the passing of the Taurus - like not many mourned the passing of the Winstar.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca