Ford: Sue us... screw you!

Page 2 of 2

those
The oncomer and the SUV would have continued hitting the brakes until they ended up both stopped, both facing each other, and the SUV looking like the world's biggest idiot.
Ted
"Anthony" wrote

Try 11:30 at night, straight single-lane-each-way road, perfect visibility, me behind a semi with a heavy load, some kind of vehicle behind me that keeps swinging half-way into the left lane as if he wants to pass. We all start slowly from the light, about 1/4 mile to a long and *very* steep uphill. I can see lights at the top of the hill, and can see it's another truck already on the way down. Doofus behind me decides the semi isn't going fast enough, and figures this is the time to pass, and pulls out.
Hmmm.... he doesn't seem to be passing very fast. Changed his mind? No, his headlights are still coming up beside me. Oh, that's why he's so slow... it's a motorhome. Still, he should be moving faster, shouldn't he, what with that truck flying down the hill at us? Ahhh, that's why... he's pulling a goddamn trailer! Like yours, he just barely got back in the right lane in time, as there's no way in hell the truck on the hill could have stopped.
At about the time of 10/15/2004 6:57 PM, Anthony stated the following:

Best point of the thread yet, in addition to the idiocy of the sheriff wanting to purchase more "unsafe" vehicles.

I would have taken down his plate and turned him in for reckless driving when I did get a cell signal.
--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been encoded to reduce spam.
The fires are the result of so many darn cars being on the highway following each other too closely to react.

We've been over this before. See google groups.
BOB URZ wrote:

Quite acceptable I would think. In fact, I don't see why any agency suing Ford for selling them dangerous, defective fireballs would turn right around and buy more of the same dangerous, defective fireballs that they are suing Ford over. If there's a police department that's doing this, then I have to assume they might not truly beleive the claims they have set forth in their lawsuit.
The town I used to live in is one of the plaintiffs in the case. They seem to genuinely believe their claim: the same year they joined the lawsuit, they replaced their old Crown Vics with new Impalas.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.