Ford Taurus 2000 - Possible alert

My father in law owns a 2000 Taurus fully loaded edition. About 2 weeks ago after he parked his car in the garage for some strange reason both his front springs broke and punctured both front tires. He had a 800 dollar bill and a hell of a time getting the car out of the garage. This seems a little strange that both front springs would break once the car is parked ? Anyone experience anything like this or heard of anything like this ? If you have please let me know at snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com .

Reply to
Carl Ibinez

Sort of like any of these?

It has affected different ford models on different years. corrosion rots the coil springs. They break, then puncture the tire.

Bob

Reply to
BOB URZ

Strange? It sounds like bullshit to me. They do have a lot of problems with broken springs, but.... both of them broke AND punctured both front tires while it was parked for a couple of weeks, I don't think so. If a spring broke while the car was parked it would be damn near impossible for it to puncture a tire. I've repaired several of these cars and in only one case did the spring puncture the tire. It was obvious that the spring had been broken for some time and finally worked its way around far enough to cut the tire.. Bob

Reply to
Bob