ford taurus 2006 starting problem

after sitting all day or overnight, hard starting (about 2-3 seconds cranking). symptom like no fuel, but tried a test which presumably would indicate fuel regulator, but passed. Test was to turn on key,
wait 10 seconds, then repeat 3 times. This had no affect, still was hard starting. next recommendation was to measure fuel pressure at fuel rail, but not obvious how to do this on the 2006. have a 2001 and this is easy to see test point.
thanks for any suggestions

Not ten seconds, but two. Cycles the pump.
If that has no effect and it starts in 3 or 4 seconds, not likely fuel pressure.
Do you know a few pedals pumps while cranking feeds more gas, flooring it while cranking feeds less.
you pay..DEAL with it!
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net says...

My 2000 with 24V Duratec can often take 2-3 seconds to start when 'cold'. It's done it since new. Every engine is a bit different. Do both your 2001 and 2006 have the exact same engine (both 24V Duratec or the Vulcan?)