Ford Taurus

I think the problem with my car is that I hit a rock and it ended up somewhat pinching my exaust pipe before it gets to the muffler. I was wondering if it was normal to have a sound coming out of there and
about how much would the repair cost. Thanks.
--
Posted at author's request, using moderated http://www.AutoForumz.com interface
Thread archive: http://www.AutoForumz.com/Ford-Taurus-ftopict228862.html
jptwentyone wrote:

It is not normal to have a sound coming out of there. If the tailpipe is a replacement tailpipe, the people who replaced it might fix it for free. It should cost like $15 to 20 to around $150 to either replace just the section of tail pipe or to replace the whole thing.
It is a safety issue, because if CO (carbon monoxide) and other gases are coming out of the tailpipe under the car, it is more likely that you will the CO poisoning from exhaust gas coming through the floor or otherwise get in the car.

Hard to say without seeing it. I would take it to a reputable private exhaust shop. They may be able to repair it or patch in a short length of pipe, if the rest of the system is sound.
In my experience, chains are more likely to want to replace everything.
--DB
Don Byrer KJ5KB Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy Glider & CFI wannabe kj5kb-at-hotmail.com
"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..." "Watch out for those doves...<smack-smack-smack-smack...>"