ford taurus 98 side view mirror

i'm new to this group so pardon my... well newness...

i wanted to know if anyone could tell me how to replace my side view mirror on my 98 ford taurus. driver's side... 3.0 engine if that makes a difference.

if anyone could help me that would be great.

thanks,

emmanuel

Reply to
emmanuel47

Removal

  1. Disconnect battery ground cable.

  1. Remove two screws retaining rear view mirror mounting hole cover and remove cover by carefully prying off door window frame.

  2. Remove front door trim panel.

  1. Remove retaining screw, disconnect and remove radio speaker from front door trim panel.

  2. Disconnect outside rear view mirror wiring connector. Remove wiring guides as necessary.

  1. Remove three outside rear view mirror retaining nuts. Remove outside rear view mirror while guiding wiring and connector through hole in door.

Installation

  1. Install outside rear view mirror by routing connector and wiring through hole in front door. Install three retaining nuts. Tighten retaining nuts to 6-8 N-m (53-71 lb-in).

  1. Install radio speaker to front door trim panel with retaining screw. Connect wire connectors.

  2. Install rear view mirror mounting hole cover by lightly applying pressure until it snaps in place on window frame. Install two retaining screws.

  1. Connect mirror wiring connector and install wiring guides.

  2. Replace front door trim panel.

  1. Connect battery ground cable.

DONE.

There you go... easy as pie!