Ford Taurus Emissions/Engine light with trouble code

On my 2002 Ford Taurus SES, the Emissions/Engine light stays on. I checked the Fuel cap and made sure it was on tight as suggested by the Owners Manual and I have about a quarter tank of gas in it. It is
running good with no signs of trouble and has 45,000 miles on it.
I went to Advance Auto Parts and put the code tester in the outlet under the dashboard with the engine off to get the trouble codes stored in the computer. It gave a reading of:
Vehicle Scanned Global OBDII Vehicle
DTC (Codes)
P1135 Manufacurer Contrl. Fuel Air Metering
DTC Pending(Codes)
No Faults Detected

I think the generic scanner is misleading you. P1135 is a manufacturer specific code - i.e., it means different things for different brands of cars. For many manufacturers it is a Fuel System Code, often related to oxygen sensors, but in the case of Ford it translates to "Ignition Switch Signal Missing or Improper." This code isn't applicable to most Fords. Are you sure it is correct? If it was my car, I'd clear the code and see if it comes back.
Ed

How do I clear the code? I assume I disconnect the Battery and connect it again?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Just drive the car 250 miles. If the light doesn't go off, the code is not cleared. You can also take the car to autozone. They should be able to clear the code.
Disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes will clear the code too.
Jeff

I disconnected Batter and it cleared the code and the light went off. Drove it today for around 25 miles and still no light. Hope it stays off but I wonder what would cause the Emissions light to go off like that?
On Sep 7, 5:22 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

disconnected Batter and it cleared the code and the light went off. Drove it today for around 25 miles and still no light. Hope it stays off but I wonder what would cause the Emissions light to GO ON like it did?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Hundreds to thousands of things. A loose gas cap (which can release hydrocarbons into the air), problems with the catalytic converter, the oxygen and other sensors, ignition parts that need replacement, problems with the transmission, and a hundreds of other problems.
Jeff
Either that or take the vehicle to a competent technician with the proper equipment to analyze the cause of the fault and have it corrected.
An illuminated check engine light indicates the vehicle is operation outside of the microprocessors design parameters, effecting the fuel/air ratio, and thus could be polluting. The problem can be as simply as a bad plug or wire.
mike