Ford Taurus Engine Life

Can anyone here give me a rough idea of how many miles/km a '91 or '93 Taurus SHO should get before requiring replacement?
I'm looking at a '91 SHO with 240,000 km (149,000 miles) and it still has
the original motor. I'm thinking it might be just about at the end of its servicable life though (same for the transmission).
But of course, that's just my guess - so I would appreciate hearing about other people's experience.
Rob
Id ask at www.tauruscarclub.com , i heard the Gen 1 SHO's need a new head gasket every 60k

Wow, I belong to www.shoforum.com and have only heard of 1 SHO of ANY year need any kind of headgasket work. Are you confusing the SHO engine with the 3.8 headgasket eater? As far as engines go, the SHO engine is pretty much bulletproof and several owners have well over 200,000 miles on theirs. Mark

So I guess the main thing to worry about is the transmission then.
yes I am, i thought the sho had a 3.8

From 89-95 all SHOs with a manual transmission had a 3.0 Yamaha V6. All automatics from 93-95 had a 3.2 V6 which was basically a punched out 3.0. From 96-99 all SHOs were automatic and had a 3.4 Yamaha V8. Mark