Ford Taurus no-start

Hello, I have a 1987 Ford Taurus LX that will still will not start. Apparently my husband discovered that there was a melt-down in the key switch. There is
power up to the coil, but no spark from the distributor and no power to the fuel pump. Coil has been replaced and so has the ignition module. Still will not start. My question is this, would the melt-down in the ignition take anything out with it like for example the EEC.
yes, the ignition switch powers everything

Apparently my husband discovered that there was a melt-down in the key switch. There is power up to the coil, but no spark from the distributor and no power to the fuel pump. Coil has been replaced and so has the ignition module. Still will not start. My question is this, would the melt-down in the ignition take anything out with it like for example the EEC.

I would check the CCRM. It's located right above the rad. It has 5 relays in it that control power to the EEC, fuel pump, A/C, cooling fan and I can't remember the 5th one.