Ford Taurus Rack Replacement

1994 Ford Taurus 3.8
what are the chances of replacing the rack without dropping the frame?
-- I'm President Chooch, and I approve of this post.

"Chooch" wrote

Haynes manual, page 10-16, step 11:
"Carefully guide the steering gear out the left side wheel well."
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 09:24:48 GMT, "MasterBlaster"

YAY!!! thank you much! you made my headache less painful.
-- I'm President Chooch, and I approve of this post.

If you Lower the rear of the frame a bit by loosening - not removing - the rear subframe bolts, the rack will slip right out. Do not completely remove them. It doesn't take much to make it much easier.