ford tempo

I' m having trouble with my 93 tempo. it wont start, i thought it was the starter so i replaced it, still wont start, i noticed that when i turn the key
forward it made and long cliking sound. and when the key was in the backwards position the interrior light would work and the radio would work but as soon as i put on the headklights on every thing would shut off. the headlights wouldn't come on at all. then when i tried to start the car the clicking noise was coming from the starter relay, so i replaced it. Now the head lights work radio works but still wont start.
this is becoming very frustrating.... PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME
it might be your batter or cable ends
it is most likely you ground wire had the same peoblem with an 89 ranger
jedi77 wrote:

fords have this problem of overcharging batteries .. then the battery gets wet on top and corrosion starts.. my truck used to do this.. i foud eventually the battery was leaking up by the post and i had to clean terminals like every month.. they werent green or anything but the lead kept turning black inside the cable end.

it might be your batter or cable ends Iwas wondering what ground wire you were talking about.