ford tempo

I' m having trouble with my 93 tempo. it wont start, i thought it was the starter so i replaced it, still wont start, i noticed that when i turn the key forward it made and long cliking sound. and when the key was in the backwards position the interrior light would work and the radio would work but as soon as i put on the headklights on every thing would shut off. the headlights wouldn't come on at all. then when i tried to start the car the clicking noise was coming from the starter relay, so i replaced it. Now the head lights work radio works but still wont start.

this is becoming very frustrating.... PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

Reply to
jedi77

it might be your batter or cable ends

Reply to
jimmyh

it is most likely you ground wire had the same peoblem with an 89 ranger

Reply to
bowhunter2186

fords have this problem of overcharging batteries .. then the battery gets wet on top and corrosion starts.. my truck used to do this.. i foud eventually the battery was leaking up by the post and i had to clean terminals like every month.. they werent green or anything but the lead kept turning black inside the cable end.

Reply to
Rob

it might be your batter or cable ends Iwas wondering what ground wire you were talking about.

Reply to
jedi77