ford tempo '93

My tempo vibrates like crazy every time I slow down or come to a stop. It started after the garage I took it into put on a new water filter and belt
(of some kind...sorry, don't know much about cars). Any suggestions what this might be?
Have u had the discs checked they could need replacing.

Andy: Thanks for reply. Go the discs replaced last year but car sat out in the snow all winter. Would this wear out the discs already?
Gearsy