Ford tempo 93 help

I have a 4 cylinder, '93 ford tempo GL. The fuel pump went out on it and we replaced it along with the screen and the filter. It runs great with one problem. It won't idle. It will, but only for about 30 seconds. It
starts sputtering and then dies. THere is nothing you can do about it once it starts to die. You can give it all the 'gas' you want and it has no effect on it. THe first time was at a red light, It turned green and we started to go and the car started dieing like it was out of gas.We waited a minute and it cranked right up. The next time was at a 'long' red light. The car started sputtering and then went dead. I waited a minute and it started right up. The next time we just left it idling while trying to see what was wrong. It drives great. A lot better than before the pump went out and it always cranks right up after it goes dead but you have to let it sit for about 30 or more seconds. Any ideas? Some kind of Sensor? Robin.
TTT To The Top
Check the radiator coolent temperature sensor along with the spark plugs and wires. Check to see that those are in order. Cars of that vintage and later are all computerized now. The temp sensor is a part of the cars computer. Many times those plastic looking sensors go bad and have visible cracks in them.