Ford Trucks & Redneck Image

I really wish Ford would kill the "redneck cowboy" image in their Ford truck commercials, and haul the country musicians to the dump at the same time. Isn't it time they came up with something new? This is

2003 and there are no cowboys anymore, just real dumb rednecks who could never afford a new truck anyhow, but drive around in rust buckets with the doors falling off, listening to crappy country music on their pocket radios, and wearing those ungodly ugly cowboy hats. . Is this the image Ford wants to promote? Apparently so....

I think it's time for a change!

Reply to
guest

Apparently not. Apparently there are so many people who don't share that perception that the Ford F-150 has been the most popular vehicle sold in the United States for most years (if not all) of the last decade. Ford won't "fix it" because it's not "broken."

sd

Reply to
sd

Why don't you get out of the city and head to the country to see those 'cowboys' you say don't exist anymore? Theres many of them.

Youre just used to seeing too much of the 'thug life'....you know, loud cars, low to the ground, shiny wheels, with televisions, and huge speakers that blast rap and hip hop out the windows to annoy the rest of us.

Its apparant you have no use for white folks, at least the cowboys, but the last time I checked, not every had to be living the thug life.

Reply to
Exiled

If it has help Ford sell more trucks than any other manufacture for well over 25 years, why change?

mike hunt

snipped-for-privacy@guestuser.com wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

We do not need, or, want this kind of crap in out newsgroup. GET LOST.

Reply to
V.B.Mercon

Personally, I prefer the Dodge Ram Hemi commercial with the guy in the dragster saying "I got somethin' you don't got" -- and deploys the drag shoot.

Redneck? Perhaps....but funny. It's gotta be a classic.

Mack

Reply to
M. MacDonald

I guess that is marketing. I dislike country music and country musicians. I don't like hip-hop as well. Hell, if a commercial only displayed objective, cold, sterile facts, I would be much happier. Since I don't have facts fed to me, I'd prefer a Dodge Hemi to a Ford Lightning. Neither feed facts that way.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***

Jim Hernandez

snipped-for-privacy@guestuser.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And that type always drives Chevys... LMAO

Reply to
donutbandit

donutbandit opined in news:brsqph$io6$ snipped-for-privacy@news.snowcrest.net:

Exactly! ;)

And.. "guest", you REALLY should get out more and quit judging people so easily.

Not saying you cant have your biases... everyone does.. but sometimes they dont hold up under actual witness.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Go play in your rusty Chevy troll!

Reply to
BK24

He forgot the troll part at the end of the post, it goes like this: *giggle, giggle, hehehe*

Reply to
Scott M

Oh no!! This couldn't be Hurricane could it?

I. Care

Reply to
I. Care

You're funny........ What makes you think I live in the city? Actually, I am a rural farmer and own an older F150 pickup. But I am not a redneck, dont wear cowboy hats, and cant stand country music. My Ford truck is used as part of my business, mostly to haul crops and do other farm related work. Unfortunately there are far too many of the phony cowboy types around this area, who wear their cowboy hats and think they are hot stuff. In the real world they are all rednecks that got nothing going for them, which is the image that Ford trucks is relaying in their commercials. To me, it's a big turnoff !

Reply to
guest

Well, the F150 is the single most popular vehicle among millionaires, so Ford doesn't have to target them, and if that "redneck cowboy" image demographic insists on driving old Chevys, then the ads are right on in trying to get them to switch. Funny thing is, when they finally get smart enough to switch to Ford, they have wised up enough that mass advertising doesn't affect their purchase decisions any more! Catch-22...

Rob

* * *
Reply to
Trainfan1

You are a farmer, and don't think there are cowboys anymore. Take a look over the steering wheel , and see. I would prefer to see a cowboy driving a truck than some stuck up bitch going to the mall with her brats. You have too much time on your hands if this is your biggest gripe in the world. I have a truck, and work the crap out of it. As long as it handles the work, and hauls me and my crap around, I could really care less if they had Jacko doing their advertisements. Some of look at the specs, not the ads. I guess chevy advertise only to people dropping shit from 50 ft above into their truck.

And by the way Eugene, you have a computer!!!

Cheers,

Dale

Reply to
Reality24

I was putting drag chutes on Ford and Dodge pickups back in '84... On a daily basis... What's the big deal?!?!

Reply to
Jinxter

You might be a Redneck.......... Oh stop that though. Uhmmm, From a marketing perspective while showing pictures of regular folk at Lowes parking lots or Burger King Drive thrus maybe a accurate reflection of truck buyers, It's booring! Ok, next commercial we will have Some Cuban refugees make a raft out of a F250. ( OK they really used a Chevy) And the Sharks will come up out the water and ask "Does that thing have a Winsor??"

Reply to
Tiger

You might be a Redneck.......... Oh stop that though. Uhmmm, From a marketing perspective while showing pictures of regular folk at Lowes parking lots or Burger King Drive thrus maybe a accurate reflection of truck buyers, It's booring! Ok, next commercial we will have Some Cuban refugees make a raft out of a F250. ( OK they really used a Chevy) And the Sharks will come up out the water and ask "Does that thing have a Winsor??"

how about a bunch of gang bangers in east la pulling up to a honda civic, gansta rap blairin from a bed full of speakers, breaking out uzi's, sweeping the street, and taking off in a cloud of tire smoke in their new f 350 quad cab short bed while saying you can't beat the ride!!

Reply to
Falcoon

I think Ford wants to keep that idea for when the mini van sales slip. Easier to do drive byes in. Add in optional hydraulic lift & Lowrider Murals!

Reply to
Tiger

Why?

Who else buys these poorly-made things?

People who know quality will purchase the better-made Toyota Tundra anyway- and Ford knows that.

Reply to
schumy