Ford Trucks & Redneck Image

Page 1 of 2  
I really wish Ford would kill the "redneck cowboy" image in their Ford truck commercials, and haul the country musicians to the dump at the same time. Isn't it time they came up with something new? This is
2003 and there are no cowboys anymore, just real dumb rednecks who could never afford a new truck anyhow, but drive around in rust buckets with the doors falling off, listening to crappy country music on their pocket radios, and wearing those ungodly ugly cowboy hats. . Is this the image Ford wants to promote? Apparently so....
I think it's time for a change!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@guestuser.com wrote:

Apparently not. Apparently there are so many people who don't share that perception that the Ford F-150 has been the most popular vehicle sold in the United States for most years (if not all) of the last decade. Ford won't "fix it" because it's not "broken."
sd
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Why?
Who else buys these poorly-made things?
People who know quality will purchase the better-made Toyota Tundra anyway- and Ford knows that.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

And you're in a Ford group because...????????
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Ford
Because he owns a Tundra and got tired of bashing Ford over in alt.autos.Toyota so he decided to TROLL over here!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Why don't you get out of the city and head to the country to see those 'cowboys' you say don't exist anymore? Theres many of them.
Youre just used to seeing too much of the 'thug life'....you know, loud cars, low to the ground, shiny wheels, with televisions, and huge speakers that blast rap and hip hop out the windows to annoy the rest of us.
Its apparant you have no use for white folks, at least the cowboys, but the last time I checked, not every had to be living the thug life.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

You're funny........ What makes you think I live in the city? Actually, I am a rural farmer and own an older F150 pickup. But I am not a redneck, dont wear cowboy hats, and cant stand country music. My Ford truck is used as part of my business, mostly to haul crops and do other farm related work. Unfortunately there are far too many of the phony cowboy types around this area, who wear their cowboy hats and think they are hot stuff. In the real world they are all rednecks that got nothing going for them, which is the image that Ford trucks is relaying in their commercials. To me, it's a big turnoff !
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
You are a farmer, and don't think there are cowboys anymore. Take a look over the steering wheel , and see. I would prefer to see a cowboy driving a truck than some stuck up bitch going to the mall with her brats. You have too much time on your hands if this is your biggest gripe in the world. I have a truck, and work the crap out of it. As long as it handles the work, and hauls me and my crap around, I could really care less if they had Jacko doing their advertisements. Some of look at the specs, not the ads. I guess chevy advertise only to people dropping shit from 50 ft above into their truck.
And by the way Eugene, you have a computer!!!
Cheers,
Dale

the
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
If it has help Ford sell more trucks than any other manufacture for well over 25 years, why change?
mike hunt
snipped-for-privacy@guestuser.com wrote:

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
We do not need, or, want this kind of crap in out newsgroup. GET LOST.

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Personally, I prefer the Dodge Ram Hemi commercial with the guy in the dragster saying "I got somethin' you don't got" -- and deploys the drag shoot.
Redneck? Perhaps....but funny. It's gotta be a classic.
Mack
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
I was putting drag chutes on Ford and Dodge pickups back in '84... On a daily basis... What's the big deal?!?!

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In alt.tv.commercials, on the "Re: Ford Trucks & Redneck Image" thread, M. MacDonald wrote:

Some of those Dodge ads are pretty funny (I like the one where the man at the fast food drive-up window daydreams about owning one), but the Hemi/Durango ads annoy me a bit. The guys all look like unsophisticated goobers who care only that their truck has a big honkin' motor in it. The message I take away is, "Dodge: The truck for men with an IQ of 80." Not the image I'd want if I were Dodge.
--
Benjamin Robinson snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Benjamin Robinson wrote:

Maybe, but there must be a lot of Gobbers out there. Dodge truck sales are up at a much higher rate than any other brand's. Since the rest of the truck is below average, it must be the appeal of the hemi.
Ed
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
In alt.tv.commercials, on the "Re: Ford Trucks & Redneck Image" thread, C. E. White wrote:

Well, like the saying (sort of) goes: No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.
--
Benjamin Robinson snipped-for-privacy@freenet.tlh.fl.us
This message may or may not contain sarcastic content; your burden to decide
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****
I guess that is marketing. I dislike country music and country musicians. I don't like hip-hop as well. Hell, if a commercial only displayed objective, cold, sterile facts, I would be much happier. Since I don't have facts fed to me, I'd prefer a Dodge Hemi to a Ford Lightning. Neither feed facts that way.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! *** http://www.usenet.com Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jim Hernandez wrote:

Sure... if you're a Vulcan.
But anyone who has followed the history of advertising knows that a bunch of commercials that drone out cold facts don't hold the interest of enough people to make the approach worthwhile. Advertisements originally were that way, and they didn't elicit much of a response. The advertisers switched early on to creative attempts to try to instill excitement for a product, and an image of the type of people who buy such a product. The original poster's opinion notwithstanding, Ford seems to have a good grasp of the largest segment of people who buy their trucks, and tailor their advertisements to appeal to that audience.
Now, I'm not saying that such capricious advertising stunts are a food thing. Personally, I think it would probably be beneficial to people if they were more willing to analyze their buying decisions based on hard facts rather than how much hype an ad agency can muster around a new product. But then, I'm sure if everyone were that way, it would be a very, very boring world.
--
E-mail fudged to thwart spammers.
Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply.
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
snipped-for-privacy@guestuser.com wrote in

And that type always drives Chevys... LMAO
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
donutbandit opined in

Exactly! ;)
And.. "guest", you REALLY should get out more and quit judging people so easily.
Not saying you cant have your biases... everyone does.. but sometimes they dont hold up under actual witness.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Go play in your rusty Chevy troll!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.