Ford Trucks & Redneck Image

And you're in a Ford group because...????????

Reply to
John

Because he owns a Tundra and got tired of bashing Ford over in alt.autos.Toyota so he decided to TROLL over here!

Reply to
Scott

Obviously you haven't been to a rodeo lately! Almost every one of the hundreds of trucks you see there is less then 5 years old. But since these guys can't afford a new truck anyhow they must all be stolen :-)

You are an IDIOT and your trolling is really weak!

Now be a good little boy and get out of your mothers basement, get back in your ricer crank up your rap so called "music" and leave us alone.

Reply to
351CJ

Some of those Dodge ads are pretty funny (I like the one where the man at the fast food drive-up window daydreams about owning one), but the Hemi/Durango ads annoy me a bit. The guys all look like unsophisticated goobers who care only that their truck has a big honkin' motor in it. The message I take away is, "Dodge: The truck for men with an IQ of 80." Not the image I'd want if I were Dodge.

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson

Maybe, but there must be a lot of Gobbers out there. Dodge truck sales are up at a much higher rate than any other brand's. Since the rest of the truck is below average, it must be the appeal of the hemi.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Well, like the saying (sort of) goes: No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public.

Reply to
Benjamin Robinson

Sure... if you're a Vulcan.

But anyone who has followed the history of advertising knows that a bunch of commercials that drone out cold facts don't hold the interest of enough people to make the approach worthwhile. Advertisements originally were that way, and they didn't elicit much of a response. The advertisers switched early on to creative attempts to try to instill excitement for a product, and an image of the type of people who buy such a product. The original poster's opinion notwithstanding, Ford seems to have a good grasp of the largest segment of people who buy their trucks, and tailor their advertisements to appeal to that audience.

Now, I'm not saying that such capricious advertising stunts are a food thing. Personally, I think it would probably be beneficial to people if they were more willing to analyze their buying decisions based on hard facts rather than how much hype an ad agency can muster around a new product. But then, I'm sure if everyone were that way, it would be a very, very boring world.

Reply to
Isaiah Beard