Ford unleashes 2007 Expedition on unsuspecting Texans

Autoblog didn't say what the gallons per mile rating of this behemoth was. Lets see: $2.39 & headed _much_ higher x probably 30 or 40 gallon tank $$$$$ Rapid Bankruptcy. Excellent product planning Ford, really relevant
for the times. Great job! Sales should be great and the product will really fly out the door! Could also say the same thing about GM and their fat SUVs and trucks. Will Ford and GM make it to the '07 contract talks without going into bankruptcy first? Probably not, especially if oil goes higher-then they are almost flatline and so would the economy be.
Ford unleashes 2007 Expedition on unsuspecting Texans http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/27/ford-unleashes-2007-expedition-on-unsuspecting-texans /
-- "All battles are fought by scared men who'd rather be some place else."

My Ghod! You're right! If it wasn't for your well written and insightful commentary, I wouldn't have realized that the only logical choice for Ford and GM would be to cancel their SUV programs and leave that segment of the market to Toyota and Nissan!

Sarcastic answer but basically correct. The sales of such vehicles will tank big time, as will the big trucks. Detroit's greed, stupidity, pathetic treatment of the American consumer, inferior quality for a long time and short-sightedness has come back to bite them big time. Detroit has shot themselves in both feet and I do not feel a single bit of pity for them-the folks on the shop floor, yes but NO pity for the boardroom.
I feel absolutely no desire to reward Detroit for burning me badly with the Chevy Vega, Ford Escort, repeated Buick transmission problems etc., etc. Detroit has abused their customers for a long, long time and those treated so have very long memories. None of my best cars (VW Bug, Bus, Golf, and a Prizm) were designed here but the Prizm was built as a joint venture in California with Toyota. My first consideration will be Honda, Toyota and Nissan because I can trust them whereas I *know* Detroit will screw me for service and quality (generally speaking as there are always exceptions.
Even the majority of new vehicles introduced by Toyota and Honda over the past few years have been bigger SUVs. The difference has been GM and Ford have been able to sell ten times as many as the imports can sell. SOMEBODY must want to buy the bigger safer SUVs.
mike hunt

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/01/27/ford-unleashes-2007-expedition-on-unsuspecting-texans /

The Ford Expedition is actually a very attractive truck inside and out. We have several of them in the family as daily drivers. Both 4X4 and 2wd.
East-