Ford...What do they have that apeals to me?

I liked the T-bird but not for the money they were asking, I also like the Mustang GT, but gas prices made me decide against it since my foot would
have the tendency to stomp into it more often than not. So whats left...that is sporty with a performance 6 cyl? I want something sleek stylish, sporty and with a touch of personal luxury. To bad the Fusion fails in the sleek stying department. Hmmm...maybe one day Ford will get the message as to want I want..maybe...maybe not.
Ralph D. Malph wrote:

The Mustang is a sporty 6 - 210 horsepower, stick shift available...
The Edge is on the way...
Rob

I find it interesting that Mustangs are always assumed to have a V-8. One tends to forget that a sporty car like that DOES have a V-6 available.
Jody
Jody Lee Bruchon wrote:

The problem is, V6 engines are *not* available with the GT package.
It's either plain V6 or GT V8 with all the whizz-bang. GIve the customer the choice for a plain V8 or a GT V6 (2 options that would help sell Mustangs, IMHO)
El Bandito wrote:

My ignorance shines brightly! I didn't know that detail.
Honestly, call me a traitor, but I'll take my Mercury Capri with a 1.6L DOHC 4-banger over a new Mustang any day. Why? I'm cheap, it gets better mileage, and if it blows up, I'm not out a few tens of thousands. Call me a traitor for driving a modified Mazda 323, but I like it.

You're not a traitor, Mazda is a Ford company and the 323 is related to the Focus.

I thought that is what the "Pony" package was. A Mustang V-6 with the GT styling features. What does the GT have that you can't get with the V-6 (other than the engine)?
I bought a 2006 V-6 "stripper" for my son and I am very impressed with the car. It actually cost less than a Civic LX Coupe, yet it still has power windows, power locks, AM/FM/CD Player, height adjustable drivers seat, alloy wheels, etc. The V-6 engine is very strong. I am not sure I would get the V-8 if I bought the car for myself. We have had it for about 3 months and so far it has been perfect. For the money, it is hard to see anything even close to it.
Ed
C. E. White wrote:

It's a little out of this group, but I was rather shocked when I actually looked up the price for brand new Toyota Celicas. They're awfully flashy little cars, and you'd think they would be expensive. It was pretty weird to find out that the base package is cheaper than most of their other vehicles. I think there will always be a market for the "value" sports cars like these, for those of us who really don't want to dump $25K into a car but still want to ride in style. I wouldn't want the V8 either, in all honesty--I have no need for that kind of power. The only V8 vehicles I intend to have are my current 88 Crown Vic and my old 74 Chevy Van 30, both of which run just fine (electrical issues aside).

Just another big box called an SUV, when I'd really be interested in a Fusion SW.

Well, that is what the Edge is.....they just don't want to call it that. They don't want to call it a mini van either. So it is a Cross Over SUV....just like the Five Hundred Station Wagon - aka Freestyle.
Ed

The Fusion styling suits my conservative taste. Actually the Fusion V6 is on my short list, I'm going to see if Ford straightens out it's balance sheet first.
Ralph D. Malph wrote:

Too bad the Lincoln LS is gone.
That was going to be my next car, but smart like a dumptruck (well guess they dont make dumptrucks anymore) Lincoln has done away with what i thought was the next best thing to a Marauder/Crown vic
Picasso wrote:

Check out the new Lincoln MKZ.
Rob