Ford Windstar.

1) I have a '95 Windstar and recently noticed that one of the rear power window motors quit. I took it to a dealership to have it checked. After a very expensive 2 hours they said it needed a new motor. A couple of days later the motor on the other side quit as well. I know these motors are expensive and plan to hopefully get them at a chopshop. The question is how do you get at it and/or what do they look like? Are they easy to change?

2) Any idea on how to remove the cupholder/ashtray on front? I need to do some repairs?

Regards ChkMte55 PS. Tribute to Backyard Mechanic, you have faithfully served this NG well for a long time. Look forward to many more, thanks.

Reply to
Chkm8-55

I can help you on the question # 2. To get a cup holder you have to press DOWN on a plastic latch at the bottom of the holder and pull it off. You have to push it quite hard to pull the cupholder.

Wes

Reply to
Wes Braczkowski

------------------------ Pull the door panel off. Look for the motor looking device with a large kinda head on it. It has a connector with 2 wires going to it. Dont confuse it with the lock motor which is much smaller. Usually it has 3 small bolts holding it in around the "head" part. The hardest part (assuming you get the panel off ok) is usually getting the bolt(s) out that are hard to reach. Sometimes it is a good idea to drill a hole in the door (that will be under the panel when put back on) to get to that very hard to reach bolt(s).

Reply to
Scott

Thanks guys. I am still uncertain why the door panel for the back window moter. Should it not be the rear pillar panel? Thanks again Chkm8-55

Reply to
Chkm8-55