Ford Windstar Check Engine Light

If you have narrowed down your problem to the egr system check the two vacuum hoses that lead to the egr tube. I found one of the tubes that connect to the vacuum broken off. I went to ford and they wanted $116 for that piece. I repaired it myself and the check engine light and I presume the reason it was on are fixed. If anyone finds they have that problem post here and i'll do my best to explain the fix. Robert

Reply to
luvhamradio

luvhamradio

Amazing what Ford will charge!! I needed four little plastic pips that the arms of the Idle Control Runner Manifold slip into.. we're talking little platic things that you could lose if you dropped on a thick carpet.... 7$ a piece!! This is criminal!

Reply to
mmmgall

I lost the damn clip that holds the handle onto the sliding door. I can't believe ford wanted something like 5 bucks for it.

Reply to
luvhamradio

Seems reasonable to me. Not only do that have to make it, they have to warehouse it, ship it and the dealer has to pay people to bill you.

Ford didn't lose the clip. Don't blame them.

If it is too high, think junk yard.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff