[Ford Windstar] Please help me with power steering - to mechanic guru

I've lost one little thing that is necessary in power steering system. I have no idea what is the English name of it nor part number of it. It is placed at the end of power steering lines. There should be two of it, I've got only one. Unfortunately I live in Central Europe and I don't have access to any mechanical manuals, etc.

Please be so kind end enter website with photos of the part I haven't lost. I believe that one I've lost looks the same.

or see the photos:
(28KB)
(26KB)
(23KB) and the picture of a place where it should be placed:
Sorry for my English.

May thanks for any hints. Norbert

kummpel[remove-it]@poczta.onet.pl

Reply to
kummpel[at-forspammers]

There is only one, so you did not loose any. It goes into the supply port, and is a check valve with a fixed orifice..

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Thanks for response

But there is two power steering lines . Shouldn't there be one of this thing per line?

Regards Norbert

Reply to
kummpel[at-forspammers]

Reply to
Thomas Moats

OK. So there should be two valves, but one will do the job? Do you have any idea what is a part number of this valves?

So please tell me if this valve should be placed in the upper line or in the lower one? And which side to the front of vehicle?

I'm really grateful for your help.

Norbert

Reply to
kummpel[at-forspammers]

I said ONE VALVE, that is all there was and is. What part of that do you not understand? I do not know the part number, more times than not it is not even in the shop manuals or parts book.

Which ever line is the supply line. Follow the supply line from the pump to gear if your not sure which one it is.

Reply to
Thomas Moats

OK. Now I fully understand, but I've one's more doubt about it. Ends of both lines have the shame shape. Sockets have the same shape too. If I put the valve in a socket and screw the line in it, it fits perfectly and there is no loose or leak. In the same time, the second line doesn't fit so good after screwing it in, and I think the system will leak.

If you say there is only one valve, then I suppose that there should be some kind of sleeve on the second line, that will seal the system. I'm just making sure.

Yes, I've noticed :(

Many thanks for your time Norbert

Reply to
kummpel[at-forspammers]