Ford Windstar, problems with Exhust

started with losing coolent somewhere in engine, now when starting car lots of white smoke comes out of exhust help

Reply to
Cinderlady

Sharon K.Cooke

Thank you,Sharon, driving it will it cause more problems, heard that head gasket will be a big cost

Reply to
Cinderlady

thank you Sharon, heard gaskets are big cost, will driving it cause more problems

Reply to
Cinderlady

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

Thank you again, I called Ford and no I don't have extened warrantee, and it will cost alot to fix

Reply to
Cinderlady

What is the year is the truck? How many miles?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I know others asked you specifics about the car, but I wanted to find out information about your driving and car maintenance habits. Did you in anyway cause the failure? Example, you drove the velhicle while it was over heated? Do you have a regular maintance record with a ford authorized mechanic?

Depending on how you answer the other questions about your vehicle and these about your personal habits, you might have a real issue that needes to be reported. With fords latest bad news, there might be a curtusy maintenance on a new problem.

Just thinking out loud...

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

the year of the van is 1999, but I have 160'000 miles on it was told its not worth fixin, also I kept the maintance up, and it didn't over heat but I kept losing the coolent into the engine somewhere. now I'm without a car

Reply to
Cinderlady

I don't have a ford authorized mechanic, but I had my work done else where, and I don't know if it overheated while driving the temp. control would have told me and it was normal. but I do have alot of miles on it

Reply to
Cinderlady