Ford Windstar Tie Rod Ball Joint Failure

Squeeks/Groans turning right only. Worse in cold weather. Sounds like rubber against metal - it was.

It's the tie rod ball joint. Until I can get it into the dealer, I quickly moved the tie rod back and forth (from under the car, as if to adjust it, not just steering) and worked whatever grease was left in the (sealed) ball joint and the sound stopped.

Perhaps this will help someone. Greg

Reply to
Greg