Ford Windstar Transmission

I've watched quietly on the side for a while and thought I would chime in on what my experiences with Ford. Me, I was a "A" plan person - one who had inherited stock from when my grandfather opened a Ford and a Mercury lot back in 1950 and he later sold the lot in late 70's before he died. He still retained the stock and upon his death in 1980 I recived almost 25,000 shares of Ford among others. When I graduated from High school my first car was a Ford Probe that I loved.

After that I had four other Ford cars - Explorer, Mustang and Windstar twice. I bought my fiance a Ford Escape and my neice a Ford Focus all as a "A" plan customer. Myself, back in 2003 I bought a new Ford Windstar to replace the other Windstar that I was having problems with.

When I bought the new Ford Windstar in 2003 I did not know the fun I was getting into. Just for the record - guess how many transmissions I HAVE PAID FOR in 1 year, 8 months - FOUR out of SIX that have been in that 3.8 V-6 automobile. You know what the dealer said - go to FORD, we get the transmission from them. Where does Ford get these transmissions? They send BROKEN, UNUSABLE ones to a small plant in Mexico then send it back to the USA as "refurbished" transmissions that they DO NOT TELL customers and have a habit of NEVER saying it unless you tell them to disclose under threat of a subpoena. One transmission lasted exactly ONE MONTH, Ford did agree to pay for that only, the others they turned their back on....

Me, I then with the Dealer spoke to Ford - we both knew there was a problem. The owner of the dealership told me of three other problems similar in fact and matter as mine including a including a customer who bought a BRAND NEW Ford Mustang. They told me that due to cuts at Ford that the office in customer relations had been eliminated and that getting problems resolved was worse than ever for them. The owner of Cherokee Ford was so open that even he was getting fed up with Ford and was seriously considering dropping the dealership and going with TOYOTA just because he did not agree with the objectives anymore.

Me, Ford did nothing and I have filed suit - my stock - sold at 9 flat and I got to express my story on a nationally syndicated show called "Clark Howard" back in November. Worse part, we learned that Ford was having the problems with the Vulcan V-6 engines due to over-torquing and that effects the transmission and Ford KNOWS of the problem and even issued an internal memo about how to clear the transmission of particles in the transmission with a special machine due to these problems- but no recall or fix and sure as hell not to tell the customers.

Great to learn how they even screw a loyal customer who was a stockholder and wishes the Aussie was back in charge right now. Right now due to discovering the new evidence and some more info we have just withdrawn the complaint without prejudice in Cherokee County Superior Court and now we are going to 13th District Federal Court under a RICO violation for non disclosure of a hazard clause and their refusal to fix. We had the last transmission torn apart and videotaped - three certified mechanics did it and came to the conclusion that the transmission was BUILT TO FAIL with three parts in particular that came apart inside the transmission leading to the issue relating to what we learned EXACTLY. Even after FORD was told, they remain steadfast and did nothing - me, I am gone.

You can find out easily who I am just by going to Cherokee County, GA court records and seeing the suit and how fed up I am with them is evident. Me, I stil have the Ford with a Transmission from a primary source and it works, but I leave it parked in the garage - I went a week later and bought a Lexus RX330 and my wife now has a Lexus also - they treat customers terrific and add to that experience - Ford is going to be in fourth place or worse and that is the truth within THREE YEARS - customer trust in Ford is down - go to Clark Howard's website and you can read about the problems as well.

How about you ladies and gents, can you top that for why FORD is failing and going worse...

Reply to
Invknight

Howard Cohen

got a 200 ford windstar with only 60,000 mile when the trans wwent on it seems to be doing find right now but other problem with motor i'm getting rid of it and going to hyundai i was a ford man 20 years but not no more

Reply to
jimmyh

You've got a 1806 year old Ford and you've only had 1 bad transmission? Doesn't sound too bad to me . I've got a 2000 (5.5 year old) Windstar with nearly 120,000 miles on the clock and the only thing that I've changed is tires, brake pads and wipers.

Having said that I've got a friend who puts a transmission in every car she has ever owned (Gasp, yes even a HONDA!) and can't understand why I've never had to change even one.

Enjoy your Hyundai (someone needs to). But keep in mind Abuse and neglect will result in an unreliable vehicle of any make, but simple maintenance and reasonable driving will ensure a reliable vehicle.

If you find that you've got problems with transmissions there are ways of making things better:

1) Install a Transmission cooler 2) Regular synthetic oil changes 3) Only use 1 foot while driving (brake or gas) especially when shifting into or out of gear. 4) Terminate Timmy The Teenagers Turnpike Tours
Reply to
joe schmoe