Ford Windstar Wheels

Does anyone know if there is any reason not to put Taurus wheels on a Windstar? My van has steel 15 x 6.5 wheels, and Tauruses (Tauri?) have 15 x 6. Will the difference of .5" be significant?
I am not looking for bling or anything, I just have 2 warped steel rims which make for a horribly bumpy ride. I'd just as soon replace all four with a set that run true.
Thanks
GMach3 wrote:

Windstars came with 6", 6.5", & 7" wheels, so that should not be a problem.
Taurus/Sable/Windstar all have the 5 x 108mm bolt pattern, and similar offset, so it should work OK.
Rob
GMach3 wrote:

I don't know why you couldnt do that as long as the bolt circle is the same. Make suer your tires are the same height as original so it won't affect the speedometer. You may be limited on width if the Aerostar uses larger diameter tires than the Taurus, this will affect width. IIRC, most Tauri use a 215\70R15 or 225\65R15 tire as standard. If your Aero uses 235\70R15, or 225\70R15 you should be ok. Tire sizes are given in what is called "aspect ratio", that is basically the ratio of width to height to wheel diameter. I think that's it. If I'm wrong, somebody will surely correct me.
Tom Adkins wrote:

Please be aware that Taurus(FWD) wheels and Aerostar(RWD/AWD) wheels will not interchange. Different bolt patterns and different offsets.
Rob
Somehow this morphed into Aerostar... I wouldn't expect that to work as the Aerostar is built off the Ranger platform.
The Windstar was based on the Taurus, hence my question.
I have since talked to a wheel specialty business and they said that the Taurus and the Windstar have different offsets so such a swap is not recommended.
For what it's worth.
Thanks to all.