Ford Winstar starter intermitten

Hi,

The engine starter for my sister's and bro's-in-law Ford Winstar (about

1999) works sometimes, and not at others. Having a warm or cold motor doesn't seem to matter. The radio, dash lights, etc., come on in either situation, and they hear no clicking, such as a bad solenoid might make.

Anyone have suggestions or ideas? This vehicle has cost them a lot of $$ already, and I don't trust the dealership.

Thanks.

Dugie

Reply to
Dugie

Does the "theft" lite flash when it doesn't crank ??????????

Try a different key

Reply to
johanb

Reply to
Rich

Thanks, Rich and johanb! I've forwarded this message to them, and I'll let you know if the problem is solved.

Have you had other problems with your Winstar? It's a shame that Ford doesn't report the corroded leads problem. No wonder many people don't trust Ford.

Dugie

Reply to
Dugie

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies and help, especially Rich's suggestion to clean the starter leads. This is a follow-up.

Unfortunately, my sis & bro-in-law had dropped the Windstar at a garage before they read the replies I'd forwarded. My bro/law mentioned the lead corrosion to the mechanic when he picked up the car. Mechanic said it wasn't the leads, but a $200 starter replace. Now we'll never know; suspect, maybe. I suggested they ask for the old starter, but they didn't.

Dugie

Reply to
Dugie