four out of eight cylinders wont fire

I've got a 302 windsor which is only running on four cylinders. I thought it would either be the carby or manifold as spark is fine, The cylinders that don't fire are 3 4 1 and 8 which correspond with all
four of the serviced by one of the ports from carby (to the lower chamber?) on the manifold. Its a 2 barrel holley and I serviced it with same problem. On the carby the right hand mixture screw makes no difference to the motor. Is anyone able to help?
What happens when you give a shot of Carb cleaner down that barrel? I'm a thinkin' a big vacuum leak maybe.
--
Steve
=========

carby?! Ozzies! :)
it only runs 4 ALL the time.. or just on idle?
Dribble gas down that port...I'm thinking carb clog
On 1-Aug-2004, snipped-for-privacy@bigpond.net.au (maxi) wrote:

-- Pull the carb and rebuild it being extra careful to make sure that everything is clean. Blow through all holes in the carb to be sure that they are clear. It sounds like you've got some gunk in the carb.
Every day is a good day- it's just that some are better than others.