Freaky Ford Escort...

Lately I've been have a problem with what I think is possibly the blower fan (in the dash) on my 2000 Ford Escort ZX2. I'm going down the road and it is working fine and then all of a sudden for some reason it stops blowing and then usually restarts a lil later. Yesterday for the first time, it didn't turn on at all till I got most of the way to work. Defrost was working fine. Any thoughts as to what my problem could be or how hard it would be to fix? Thnx in advance for any help with this problem.

P.

Reply to
Pete

It is on a self resetting circuit breaker. Check to see if water got to the motor from your air intake. On mine I drilled a hole in my blower cover so that if it gets water it can drain out.

Reply to
Childfree Scott

I've noticed that it does this both when it is rainy and when it has been dry for weeks so I'm not thinking there is a very high likelihood of anything getting wet...or is there?

Reply to
Pete

Also, check to be sure the wires are plugged into it tightly, (the power wire(s) may have worked loose)

-LMB

Reply to
Louis M. Brown

I'd check anyway. I think it would have taken more than a week for mine to completely dry out if I hadn't drained it.

You need to be cleaning out the drain holes on the inside of the fenders to keep the water from getting into the air intake for the car HVAC. This applies to all cars.

Reply to
Childfree Scott