Freestar

After going through an car wash I parked the car. The temperature was -10 degrees C (about 14 F. about an hour later the left rear vent window shattered!
I presume this was due to frozen water around the window not alowing the glass to contract as it cooled. Is this a known problem with this car? Would this be covered under warrant? Any ideas would be welcome.
On Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:01:35 -0500, "peterDavies"

Talk to Ford before contacting your dealer.
Good Luck (your dealers first response will likely be that you must have done something wrong) Trying to open it while it was frozen shut etc)
Have a Happy New Year
PS if you have no joy try contacting a wrecker. a place like apple auto glass should be able to install it in 1/2 hour or so.
You have it backwards. The glass is not contracting much. It's the ice that is expanding a lot. In the absence of many folks having this problem, you would have to consider it a freak occurrence. Ford is not going to cover ice damage. PS. Washing the car in sub freezing weather is not a great idea. Many things can be damaged or cause temporary trouble.
Your kidding, right? ;)
mike hunt