freeze plug

I was trying to replace a rusted out freeze plug on a 1996 Taurus. It is located near the firewall side of the engine (not much room to work).

I was using a rubber expansion plug and I guess I picked a size a bit small. I used too much pressure with the socket wrench and I pushed the plug into the block.

It might be next to impossible for me to remove this from the block (though I will try). My question is will leaving rubber the plug in the block (assuming I can actually fix the freeze plug) doom my engine.

Thanks

Reply to
td

BK24

I don't think so. But it could interfere with the passage of water through the block, causing problems from unequal temperatures.

All the best,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Utz