Front vibrates only when going straight

I have a 92 Mustang that vibrates at highway speeds only when going straight but when I'm driving into a curve it stops. I thought at first that it might be the tires but wouldn't that cause vibrations regardless of way the the tires are turn?

Thanks

-ss

Reply to
Scott

Check tire pressure? Rotate and balance the tires? What condition are the tires in? Have any alignment work done? How about the struts? Tie-rods? Ball joints? Control arms? Rotors warped? Rims bent?

Could be lots of things. Try narrowing it down by providing some specifics as to the mileage and condition of the vehicle and related sub-components.

Reply to
sleepdog

Sometimes the additional force on the front wheels when taking a turn can cancel out a vibration.

In addition to spot-on advice above, you might try looking for a place on a wheel where a wheel-balance counter-weight used to be.

Cheers, Puddin'

"Life is nothing but a competition to be the criminal rather than the victim." - Bertrand Russell

Reply to
Puddin' Man

Having experienced this, I'd say hub bearing -- but then, all the other suggestions are valid considerations.

Reply to
jwardl

I think he should just change lanes constantly. That way, he is always turning. ;-)

That will fix his noise, until his bearing causes he wheel to fall off.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff