FS by Auction on Ebay Ford 60s-70s Parts Catalogues

Hello to this group... Please do not think this is spam....but I am advertising ....I Have for auction on Ebay 2 authentic Ford catalogues of parts for the 1971 Ford Cortina & the 68/71 Ford Escort....Both manuals are in extremely good order considering their vintage and are full of useful technical knowledge.....Very detailed line drawings and proper manufacturers terms for every component in each vehicle....Great Items for Owners or just collectors of automotive Litereature......I reside in the UK but would be happy to send these anywhere in the world....I have 100% feedback on Ebay and am totally honest and reliable.....If you are interested Click the Link(s) below.....If you are not interested then thank you for reading this far... Tony Ford Cortina Book...

Ford Escort Book...

Auction ends 30 November 22.32 GMT

Reply to
Tonycue

Oh, sweet memories! The 1968 British Escort was my first car. I am still grateful, because it taught me so much about auto repair. Simple as it was, something failed almost every day. Rebuilding the generator (anybody remember those?) was a semi-annual ritual. The transmission needed new synchros every 5,000 miles. Water found ways to enter that I never figured out. The 1.1 liter engine was powerful enough to carry a lighweight driver, unless one wanted to go uphill, of course. It also kept pinging, no matter how far I retarded the timing. The single circuit, no power assist brakes sometimes needed help by dragging my foot on the pavement -- which was easy to do, considering the rust holes in the floor. A strut once broke while taking a corner - the car's funny posture afterwards drew quite a crowd of admirers. But no doubt, the best part was the speeedometer; it must have been possessed, because the glass in front of it kept rattling even when the car wasn't moving. I must have that manual!

Reply to
Happy Traveler