Fuel cut off ???

HI I 've owned a 95 Escort for two weeks and last night went to a drive- in restaurant, sat in the car for about 40 mins with the radio on, tried starting, had spark but that was it, a "fuel cut off " or "gas cut off" warning light came on when I turned the key. Manual doesn't mention it. Is it connected to the fuel shut off switch?? Any help deeply apriciated. Thanks Roger

Reply to
starglow

Now I didn't have a 95 escort, but a 90. So no clue about this warning light. From my experience with my old 90, f you suspect your fuel supply is having problems, check the fuses, and reset the fuel cut off on the trunk area. If the pump is running and still fuel issues, then check/change the fuel filter.

hth,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

There is a fuel cutoff switch in th back of the car. I don't know if it's related to any dash lights though. Try asking here:

scott_z500