Fuel cutout

I have A 1992 Ford Escort and I can't figure out why it just all the sudden came on and was unable to restart my car.If there is anyone who had this
problem I would like to know what has to be done so this problem doesn't arise again in the future. I would like any help I can get to get this car started and if this was just something that was A fluke? In case you are wondering i was not in an accident so I am not sure what went wrong?

passenger side rear cargo area small access panel or hole. push sw to reset.
hit bump or chuckhole. Happens again, replace switch
--
Yeh, I'm a Krusty old Geezer, staving off dementia here..DEAL with it!