fuel guage sender floats

Hello all:
I replaced the fuel sender on my '82 Mark VI because of a leaky float, now it's gone bad too. I've soldered the holes in it (where I can see
them), it lasts a couple weeks then leaks again, sending the float to the bottom. Does anyone know of a source for floats, which could be generic, and retrofit to the sender unit? I can't imagine you could get the floats separately from Ford. TIA,
Chris Nagorka '82 Mk VI '97 Grand Marquis '98 E250
If they are the brass "beer kegs" I got one from my local Ford parts counter for my 69 bird Terry
Chris Nagorka wrote:

Yes, these are the beer keg looking jobs- I'll go down to the dealership tomorrow!
Thanks, Chris