Fuel Leaks

"MasterBlaster"

I think the problem with using wood blocks is using something like a 2x4 or

4x4 and stacking them up. Its not that they are too weak to hold the car up, its that they can topple over. Anyway thats MY take on it. I'm pretty sure I read it on the internet so it MUST be right! :)
Reply to
Shoe Salesman

"ankhe105" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Sorry about that... but you said blocks of wood.

You can elaborate and say sturdy railroad ties sitting cross-grain if you want... but you didnt.

You said use blocks of wood and be careful, you DIDNT say "but not blocks of wood stacked"!

Since you have NO idea whether this guy has even jacked up a car before, i say that's irresponsible.

I've been crawling under cars since the mid-fifties and have used everything imaginable.. even {shudder} BRICKS which is the WORST thing you could use! UNLESS YOU DO IT JUST RIGHT!

And did you notice I pointed out that even jackstands are dangerous if not used properly?

It's the same frickin' attitude I have alla time... live with it!

Bygones?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I have thin skin Backyard so I went away from the site for sometime as you can see. Got over being mad so came back. I was just trying to help the guy but stand corrected in my advice. Yes, I should have elaborated as to what I meant about "blocks". I've been crawling under cars since the mid-sixties so ya got me by 10 years. Bygones accepted. Peace. Doug

Reply to
ankhe105