Fuel Leaks

Page 2 of 2
Thank you "no spam" and "spike". Now, no offense Backyard but either offer some constructive advice, or phuc off!

Come on Tom. Read his comment and the way he said it to me. It was not meant to help this guy but rather to put me down. Now, I agree, there are better ways to do things I'm sure, but you yourself said it may have been a one in a million chance. I venture to say jack stands fail at a higher rate than that! If he wanted to talk to me in a civil manner, I have no problem with that. But that attitude was uncalled for.

Sorry about that... but you said blocks of wood.
You can elaborate and say sturdy railroad ties sitting cross-grain if you want... but you didnt.
You said use blocks of wood and be careful, you DIDNT say "but not blocks of wood stacked"!
Since you have NO idea whether this guy has even jacked up a car before, i say that's irresponsible.
I've been crawling under cars since the mid-fifties and have used everything imaginable.. even BRICKS which is the WORST thing you could use! UNLESS YOU DO IT JUST RIGHT!
And did you notice I pointed out that even jackstands are dangerous if not used properly?
It's the same frickin' attitude I have alla time... live with it!
Bygones?