Fuel Odor (Ford Escape) when Engine is cold

Hi All: I noticed that on cold morning if I start up my Escape and let it run for about 60 seconds and then shut it off, I get a strong fuel odor outside the car. The car is under warranty and the Service Manager at the place where I bought it says that it is normal. I'm not sure I believe it. Any one have the same experience? Bye the way, this vehicle gets crappy fuel economy and I'm not sure if this is related. If Iget no satisfaction form the dealership, it will be time to look for another service department.

msterspy

thats not fuel thatsnelson farting on your leather seat

hurc ast

Reply to
Jim_the slave_Warnan

test evap system hurc ast

Reply to
Jim_the slave_Warnan

hurc knows because he loves to bury his face in it afterwards.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Had the same issue with our 2004 Escape this winter. Ford knows about it, and our service said there was a software/parameter change for the PCM (computer) which would fix it. Well, it didn't seem to be much better immediately after, but over the last couple of months since, we haven't noticed it any more....

Reply to
Stephen Holden