fuel pump not coming on.

Page 1 of 2
Hi...my fuel pump is new..not coming on. spark coming into distributor...no spark coming out. checked fuses..o.k. Help.

Is the fuel pump wiring hooked up correctly? Have you checked for voltage at the pump?
------------------------------------ http://www.carforums.net Auto Forums
I`m sure it`s hooked up correctly. Is there an electrical relay that controls the fuel pump and spark to the distributor? Thanks.
Who are you replying to ????????

Hi, You were the only helpful advice I got. Thanks for your politeness and respect. I will call my Ford Dealer tomorrow. Thanks again.
Who are you replying to ????????

Somebody stole your rotor ???
No...have the rotor.

Maybe you should take it out of your pocket and put it back in your car. Or is it a truck? A little more information would be a good thing. As stingy as you are with it maybe you should just hire someone to fix the car.
You know what...I came here for help..not sarcasm. You don`t know my situation...and I won`t even go into it. But, believe me...it isn`t a matter of beiung stingy. Thanks a lot.

No we don't know your situation, nor do we need to know it. But information like year, make, model and engine size help greatly. You mentioned that you had spark going into but not coming out of the distributor. The rotor would probably be the first thing to check, or possibly the cap is bad. Bob
Who are you replying to ????????

What is the message to posters on this website? respect others? That`s fine...I won`t bother with any more questions.
Who are you replying to ????????

Suit yourself... our cars are running. .. We have no idea what you are working on so it makes it hard to make any suggestions. Apparently, your situation includes the inability to tell us anything about this vehicle other than it doesn't start or run.

merrymudder wrote:

First, you have to have a vehicle.
Have the vehicle...it`s just not running right now.
So why wont you share a make and model with us ??????????

snipped-for-privacy@THIScs.com says...

--
I. Care

WTH is going on here?
You imply that a spark plug hooked to the coil lead shows spark, but none comes out of dist cap... would definitely point to no rotor or very bad cap.
Check your inertia cutout switch.
Is the CEL coming on with key-on?
What car is this... we arent mindreaders.
you pay..DEAL with it!