fuel pump not coming on.

Hi...my fuel pump is new..not coming on. spark coming into distributor...no spark coming out. checked fuses..o.k. Help.

Reply to
merrymudder

Is the fuel pump wiring hooked up correctly? Have you checked for voltage at the pump?

------------------------------------

Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

Somebody stole your rotor ???

Reply to
johanb

First, you have to have a vehicle.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

No...have the rotor.

Reply to
merrymudder

I`m sure it`s hooked up correctly. Is there an electrical relay that controls the fuel pump and spark to the distributor? Thanks.

Reply to
merrymudder

Have the vehicle...it`s just not running right now.

Reply to
merrymudder

Maybe you should take it out of your pocket and put it back in your car. Or is it a truck? A little more information would be a good thing. As stingy as you are with it maybe you should just hire someone to fix the car.

Reply to
Bob

You know what...I came here for help..not sarcasm. You don`t know my situation...and I won`t even go into it. But, believe me...it isn`t a matter of beiung stingy. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
merrymudder

What is the message to posters on this website? respect others? That`s fine...I won`t bother with any more questions.

Reply to
merrymudder

Hi, You were the only helpful advice I got. Thanks for your politeness and respect. I will call my Ford Dealer tomorrow. Thanks again.

Reply to
merrymudder

No we don't know your situation, nor do we need to know it. But information like year, make, model and engine size help greatly. You mentioned that you had spark going into but not coming out of the distributor. The rotor would probably be the first thing to check, or possibly the cap is bad. Bob

Reply to
Bob

So why wont you share a make and model with us ??????????

Reply to
johanb

Who are you replying to ????????

Reply to
johanb

Who are you replying to ????????

Reply to
johanb

Who are you replying to ????????

Reply to
johanb

Who are you replying to ????????

Reply to
johanb

Suit yourself... our cars are running. .. We have no idea what you are working on so it makes it hard to make any suggestions. Apparently, your situation includes the inability to tell us anything about this vehicle other than it doesn't start or run.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Make, model, year, engine, recent work you did, other symptoms.

Reply to
I. Care

WTH is going on here?

You imply that a spark plug hooked to the coil lead shows spark, but none comes out of dist cap... would definitely point to no rotor or very bad cap.

Check your inertia cutout switch.

Is the CEL coming on with key-on?

What car is this... we arent mindreaders.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic