Fuel returning to wrong tank

I recently had the fuel filter changed on my 96' Ford F-150 pickup with 5.0L engine with dual fuel tanks. Since that time, no matter what position the fuel selector switch is in, return fuel only goes into the front tank.
Any Ideas?

They might have knocked a wire off.
Bet that had you going for a little while, huh!
you pay..DEAL with it!

I had a F150 with the exact same problem. On mine, there was a large plastic valve that switched the tanks. It's powered by the fuel pumps. If the pump in the front tank is on, the valve moves to select that tank. Same for the rear tank. Mine was stuck half way between the two positions.
Al

yep... that makes more sense than a solenoid valve
you pay..DEAL with it!

Ford used to use a switching valve but it was long gone by 96. On these trucks everything is done by the pumps. When a pump turns on that same pump should open a valve allowing the return to flow back into that same tank, while the valve on the other pump closes, blocking return to that tank. What usually happens is that the pump which is turned off has a defective return valve which does not close and allows the returned fuel to overflow that tank. Bob