fuel system trouble with 87 escort

What possibly would cause the fuel injector to gust a heavy stream of fuel upon throttle, flooding and stalling the engine?
I have checked the following and neither part is faulty.
fuel pressure regulator fuel pressure sensor map sensor
any other ideas?
Thanks
How did you check the pressure regulator?

upon
I'd be more interested in hearing how he checked that fuel pressure sensor. They can be a bugger to diagnose...lol. Bob

fuel

Maybe I incorrectly identified the components here, did I miss anything?
Please enlighten this novice!

I replaced the map sensor, fuel injector and what I thought was the fuel pressure regulator (has been a few months since I did this) and none made the slightest difference so I took them all back. Even the little Ford code reader did not come up with anything wrong.
What other possibility have I not considered besides junking the POS?
Start with the basics, instead of replacing parts do some diagnosing. Check the fuel pressure. Check the base timing. Things of that nature. No codes mean one of two things. There is no code to report ( I'll assume you got a code 11? ) or you did not do the test correctly. If it is really rich, you will get a rich code.