fuse blows because of transmission

Good afternoon all, I own a 96 Ford ranger 2.3L automatic. the fuse for the backup lights, overdrive system, and DRL system(#10) constantly blows. I do not have
Daytime Running lights. i have replaced the fuse, put it in reverse for 5+ mins, and the fuse will not blow. If i put a new fuse in, it will not blow for about 4 days or roughly 70 miles of in town driving (on average). IF i manually select 2nd gear on the gear selector, the fuse will blow IMMEDATELY. Also i notised that the transmission will whistle once it has reached normal temprature.
does any one have suggestions.
thank-you in advance