Fusion getting good marks?

The Fusion out scored the Camry and Accord in a recently published consumer survey, if that means anything.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

"Mike Hunter" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ptd.net:

What survey?

Reply to
Nobody

Some of the reviews I've read are quite positive. I've had my eye out for one. The V6 with six speed auto is the way to go. With the incentives, you should be able to get one nicely loaded for less than the Toyota/Honda competition.

For me, it's more than I want to spend and I estimate I'd be getting around

25mpg in mixed driving. I'd be spending $50 every other week on fillups. I'd be taking a MPG cut from what I drive now if I bought one.

FWIW, The Fusion and Mustang got top picks from JD Powers for the category of vehicle they are. No other US Automaker were present. John

Reply to
JohnR66

Reply to
dmtaurus

dmtaurus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@surfbest.net:

thx for your comments

Reply to
Nobody

STELLAR! STALLER! I'm not sure on the speling. Why do not they put a spel cheque here know why?

Reply to
fordtech via CarKB.com

Yes...People that are smart enough to buy a good Canada made Ford product usually know how to spell without needing one...

Lansing

To e-mail remove the X from my address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

In an article about Toyota entering NASCAR, it was pointed out that the Camry is made in USA, Fusion is made in Mexico, and the Malibu and Charger and made in Canada.

Reply to
dold

However the cars that race are purpose build RWD chassis, designed to race at high speeds, that have no relationship to those FWD vehicles available at you local dealerships LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

All the "race cars" are built in the US and most are assembled near Charlotte NC.

While the real Fusion is assembled in Mexico, must of the parts are of US origin. You can't say the same for the Camry.

I have a 2007 Fusion and so far I am delighted (3 month, 4,500 miles - no problems at all).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

You can't say that for the Fusion, unless 30% is "must of the parts."

You're correct about one thing: You can't say the Camry is made in Mexico because it is made domestically (in the US or Canada). Most of the US-built Camry's parts are domestic
. The Camry is built in Kentucky. The hybrid was scheduled to be built there starting late last year. And Camries will be built in Indiana in Subaru's Lafayette plant, as well, according to Toyota.
Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I've seent hat article, but I can't find the source of the 30% number. I've searched the NHTSA web site and it is not listed. The only credible list I can find claims that Ford vehicles as a whole include 78% domestic content and Toyota vehicles as a whole contain 47% domestic content. I can't find a breakdown by model. Do you know of such a list?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I can find it for some specific vehicles from media reports. As far as I know, there is no master list that has all the models.

Now, you think that if Toyota vehicles as a whole, including those imported from Japan, contain 47% domestic content, that some would have

Reply to
Jeff

That is why Fords, like the 500 and the F150, assembled in the US have a '1' as the first number of the VIN and the Camry assembled in the US has a '4' as the first number of the VIN

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Look at the percentages for each. The fact that the 500 has a '1' and the Camry and the Sienna a '4' and the F150 a '1' while the Tundra has a '5' proves what you chose to believe IS wrong

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

What is the URL that you have that shows that I am wrong? Until you show that, I stand correct.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

What evidence do yo have thatthe first digit in the VIN has anything to do with content?

What about Fords, like some Mustangs with 67% domestic content, which still have a '1'?

How 'bout some real evidence that the first digit of the VIN means other than "assembled in the USA from parts from the planet Earth?"

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

We have yet to see the URL that you have that supports your mistaken belief for the reason the US has three, rather than one number assigned as do all other countries. Until you show that, I stand correct ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Those that have a '1' have more than 70% US content. My 2007 Mustang GT convertible has 80%

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter