Fusion PAM programming?

2008 Fusion My rear sensing parking Aid system has died with the messages "check parking aid" and "parking aid data error". I ordered a new PAM module but it came with sticker that says
"programming required - with the appropriate Ford service tool"
Does anyone know if this really requires programming?