Galaxy Brakes

My S-reg (1998) 2.3 Ghia X Galaxy was serviced recently and due to the locking wheelnuts being impossible to remove (by a Ford dealer who obviously wasn't prepared to try too hard), the said the steering wobble under braking was due to worn out pads and disks.

They quoted me a huge amount to replace them, but I resisted as I think they were it on.

I have replaced brake pads before on other cars, but I wondered if anyone had any advice about pitfalls to avoid and also how to confirm whether the disks do need changign or not. They have a slight lip but less that other cars that have been 'okayed' by main dealers before.

If I wanted to do the disks as well myself, are there points I should take care of ?

I'm in the UK - what price would everyone else expect to pay for new front disk and pads (and new rear disks and pads) ?

Reply to
Graeme

alan.f