Galaxy rear door problem..

Which is driving me mad !
Cannot get the interior lights to go off unless I really SLAM the door,
I have tried to grease everything I can - and I don't really want to slacken
off the floor keep/pin thing it locks into , in case the door rattles when driving.
Anyone else had similar problems/advice ?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Jim
What freakin year?
And does it have a pillar switch? pull out on it .. it extends and self adjusts when you close the door.
If it still doesnt turn off lights, it's broke
If you also have "door ajar" and car is mid-late nineties or newer... spray lots wd-40 into door latching mech and work it.

OOPs sorry..
2001 model.
Don't know what a pillar switch is - although there are 2 (looks like )power sockets on the left hand side close to the floor ?
Thanks,
Jim

NOT Bowel Movement.:)
Though some consider... oh, never mind. ;)

Yep,tried the oil and grease - still got to kick the damn thing shut to put the interior light out
had a good luck around and cannot find a switch !
yet all other interior lights have switches ?
VERY frustrating.
Jim
wrote

Just so you understand, the WD 40 is to DISSOLVE dried grease deposits in the latch-switch..
I wonder if someone didnt recently slim-jim that door? Is that possible?