gas pedel stick and car jolts......

I have a 1992 Mercury Topaz/ V4 2.3 and the gas pedel sticks and the car jolt what could this be. I need some kelp so if anyone knows what I could do post it ASAP Thank You to those that can HELP me it is well needed.....

Reply to
computercet

Most gas pedals are linked to the carburettor by articulated rods i.e. all these joints should be from time to time tested and lubricated.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Lube the throttle cable & inspect for kinks or breaks/fraying. Lube the throttle body - butterfly shaft and check for binding at the bellcrank.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

"Don Phillipson" wrote in news:LwkQe.315$ snipped-for-privacy@newscontent-01.sprint.ca:

Thanks for the fish...

IOW: Bullshit!

Most (and this case certainly) are linked by shielded cable, which may kink (when ham-handed mechs or owners get to them) or rust internally.

This is rare. But certainly a possibility.

Disconnect from the engine side, usually just pull straight off, and check for free movement. If does move free, disconnect the Cruise cable and see if that helps. If it does leave cruise cable disconnected. If not, check the throttle itself for free rotation.

If none of those, disconnect from the pedal crank rod, and check.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

hi gas pedal parts for european cars can be purchased by the compant

in germany.

gas springs by:

tom

Reply to
tom

gas pedal for european cars can be supplied by:

if y need gas springs then
tom

Reply to
tom