gas pedel stick and car jolts......

I have a 1992 Mercury Topaz/ V4 2.3 and the gas pedel sticks and the car jolt what could this be. I need some kelp so if anyone knows what I could do post it ASAP Thank You to those that can HELP me it is well needed.....

Most gas pedals are linked to the carburettor by articulated rods i.e. all these joints should be from time to time tested and lubricated.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Thanks for the fish...
IOW: Bullshit!
Most (and this case certainly) are linked by shielded cable, which may kink (when ham-handed mechs or owners get to them) or rust internally.
This is rare. But certainly a possibility.
Disconnect from the engine side, usually just pull straight off, and check for free movement. If does move free, disconnect the Cruise cable and see if that helps. If it does leave cruise cable disconnected. If not, check the throttle itself for free rotation.
If none of those, disconnect from the pedal crank rod, and check.
Don Phillipson wrote:

hi gas pedal parts for european cars can be purchased by the compant www.rexima.com in germany.
gas springs by:
www.gasspringcenter.com
tom
computercet wrote:

Lube the throttle cable & inspect for kinks or breaks/fraying. Lube the throttle body - butterfly shaft and check for binding at the bellcrank.
Rob
gas pedal for european cars can be supplied by: www.rexima.com if y need gas springs then www.gassprincenter.com tom